-
March 6th, 2003, 12:41 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Yes, it was a cheap way to get your attention, but it apparently worked. I won't tell anyone you looked if you help me with this:
On my Nizo 4080, I am having a bit of difficutly understading the proper way to se the eyepiece. More specifically understanding the instruction book. It says something to the tune of setting the zoom to it's furthest range, setting the focus to infinity, aiming the camera at a tall vertical object approx 100 m away and then "turning the diopter +/- till the object no longer appears divided by the wedge in the viewfinder". Ok, I guess the biggest confusion here is what the term "appears divided" means.
I don't quite understand, the only thing I see happening is the object getting sharper or blurrier or the the contrast between the two halves of the wedge getting very distinguished or SLIGHTLY distinguished. At now far extreme of the spectrum would I call any look "divided" or not. Am I making sense and can anyone assist me on this?
-
March 6th, 2003, 02:09 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I don't have a Nizo so with that I will try to help you using my understanding of dioptors.
It sounds like you are doing everything right but because what you have in your head does not jive with what is written you get scared that you are going to screw it up and your images will come back soft--Unlike Ron Jeremy.
I would just follow the directions--Except make the iamge as sharp as possible. A word of advice. Don't look through the eyepiece to long--just a few seconds at a time. This is because your eyes are smarter than you and they will autofocus before you can get accurate results. I hope that helps.
Good Luck
PS--I have some great old Super8 Ron Jeremy porn from the 80's it makes surprise screenings at parties and on the street corner in the Summer as part of my free speech campaign.
-
March 6th, 2003, 02:19 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Hey Nigel, thanks for the reply.
I will go out on my lunch break and try again. We have a nice field here at work which I can guage a good 100m.
You said it right, what I am imagining to be the point of adjusting the diopter is not jiving with the overy simplistic instruction in the book. Also, regardless of how I adjust the diopter, the wedge, wether the camera is mounted on a tripod or not will shift contast if I move my I as much as a quarter milimeter. How can you fine tune the wedge when a variable such as eye movement or the slightest twitch would cause a shift in the wedge's appearance just as mush as a complete turn of the diopter would?
It's simply a matter of making it in focus?
-
March 7th, 2003, 02:46 AM
#4
Inactive Member
LOL! I have seen the infamous Mr. Jeremy in and around Hollywood from time to time. I?m almost tempted to ask him if he dose!
-
March 7th, 2003, 09:01 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Setting the eyepiece had to be done on my H8rex. With that camera, one points the lens at the sky and focuses till the ground glass is sharp and in focus. Prime lens at infinity, of course. The eye cup had to be removed in order to be able to focus the diopter. That was a trip.
It is good to read the instruction book, after I did, I felt like a real boob for not setting the eyepiece first, before shooting some film.
Then, I only read one booklet on how to use the light meter ... but that is another story.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks